The 2015 NAMM Show is in Anaheim, CA, January 22-25.
Cast your vote below and tell us from our three most recent albums which is your favorite.
ACCEPT’s “Blind Rage” took the number one spot in WJCU’s “Metal On Metal” Top 25 year-end album countdown show, which aired on January 2. GRAND MAGUS’ “Triumph And Power”, THE DAGGER’s “The Dagger”, MIDNIGHT’s “No Mercy For Mayhem”, OVERKILL’s “White Devil Armory”, RIOT V’s “Unleash The Fire” and JUDAS PRIEST’s “Redeemer Of Souls” were close runner-ups.
Cleveland metal fans have had a longtime love affair with the legendary German/American band. This is the second time ACCEPT won top honors in the past four years. Their “Blood Of The Nations” album, the band’s first with Mark Tornillo on vocals, finished first in 2010. The follow-up “Stalingrad” finished second in 2012.
“Dear listeners of the fabulous Bill Peters radio show ‘Metal On Metal’, says ACCEPT guitarist Wolf Hoffmann. “Cleveland has been special to us since the 80’s and that would not have happened without Bill! We feel very honored you voted ‘Blind Rage’ the #1 album of the year. In fact, we are floored! We miss you and we hope to see you in autumn. Thank you and let’s rock 2015 together!”
Hoffmann will be calling in to WJCU from his home in Nashville, Tennessee next Friday, January 9 at 6:30 p.m. EST to personally thank the fans of Cleveland for their support.
“My listeners have done it again!”, says “Metal On Metal” host Bill Peters. “They have assembled yet another amazing year-end chart. It was a banner year for heavy metal releases. We had 77 albums nominated. That’s a lot of titles! All six of my favorites placed in the Top 25, including five in the Top 10. I personally owned 19 out of the 25 albums on the chart. My listeners obviously have good taste (laughs). I can’t remember a time when I had so many #1 favorites. It would be impossible for me to pick just one. 2014 was a great year to be a heavy metal fan!”
“Another cool thing about this year’s chart was to see MIDNIGHT and SUNLESS SKY finish in our Top 10”, adds Peters. “This was the first time in the 31-year history of our listener poll we had two Cleveland bands rank so high. MIDNIGHT received the most votes for a Cleveland band ever! They have a huge following in the underground. We always keep our doors open for local bands to stop by the station to premiere new music and promote their shows. They do not have this kind of opportunity on the commercial radio stations. We are very proud of our Cleveland metal scene. We have a lot of diverse talent here and our bands are highly respected around the world. This is a great place to live if you love heavy metal!”
Peters’ radio show has garnished the attention of not only fans but musicians as well. Wolf Hoffmann (ACCEPT), Bobby Blitz (OVERKILL), Dave Mustaine (MEGADETH), Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT), Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST), Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN & HELL), Steve “Lips” Kudow (ANVIL) and Robb Reiner (ANVIL) have all have acknowledged past album victories by publicly thanking their fans from Cleveland.
Now entering its 33rd year, WJCU’s “Metal On Metal” can be heard every Friday night from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EST on 88.7 FM in the Cleveland, Ohio area or streamed worldwide at www.wjcu.org.
“Metal On Metal”‘s top albums of 2014:
01. ACCEPT – “Blind Rage” (Nuclear Blast)
02. GRAND MAGUS – “Triumph And Power” (Nuclear Blast)
03. THE DAGGER – “The Dagger” (Century Media)
04. MIDNIGHT – “No Mercy For Mayhem” (Hells Headbangers)
05. OVERKILL – “White Devil Armory” (Nuclear Blast)
06. RIOT V – “Unleash The Fire” (Steamhammer/SPV)
07. JUDAS PRIEST – “Redeemer Of Souls” (Columbia)
08. SUNLESS SKY – “Firebreather” (Pure Steel)
09. BEHEMOTH – “The Satanist” (Metal Blade)
10. THE SKULL – “For Those Which Are Asleep” (Tee Pee)
11. SANCTUARY – “The Year The Sun Died” (Century Media)
12. EXODUS – “Blood In, Blood Out” (Nuclear Blast)
13. ARCH ENEMY – “War Eternal” (Century Media)
14. BULLET – “Storm Of Blades” (Nuclear Blast)
15. ASTRAL DOORS – “Notes From The Shadows” (Metalville)
16. PRIMAL FEAR – “Delivering The Black” (Frontiers)
17. OBITUARY – “Inked In Blood” (Relapse)
18. JOHN GARCIA – “John Garcia” (Napalm)
19. GAMMA RAY – “Empire Of The Undead” (earMUSIC)
20. SABATON – “Heroes” (Nuclear Blast)
21. AXEL RUDI PELL – “Into The Storm” (Steamhammer/SPV)
22. ICED EARTH – “Plagues Of Babylon” (Century Media)
23. UNISONIC – “Light Of Dawn” (earMUSIC)
24. BODY COUNT – “Manslaughter” (Sumerian)
25. URIAH HEEP – “Outsider” (Frontiers)
Thank you to everyone who has helped and supported us… all our fans, our record label, our crew, promoters, festivals, venues, everyone who helped make 2014 such a successful year.
Happy New Year! Look out because we promise that 2015 is going to see the BLIND RAGE WORLD TOUR continue to kick a** around the world! — ACCEPT