WOLF HOFFMANN: ACCEPT have never been in Switzerland for a CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL – come and see us and let’s rock together!
Due to changes in the recording schedule for the new ACCEPT album, the previously announced Russian dates have to be moved to end of November/beginning of December. Plus: Ukrainian ACCEPT fans, we heard your voices! Due to public demand, we have added 2 shows in the Ukraine, after we had such a warm welcome by over 3000 fans at our sold out show in Kiev last year! Here we come again! Please see updated schedule below!
Nov 13, HARTWALL AREENA – Helsinki, Finland
Nov 29, Tele Club – Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation
Dec 01, Arena Hall – Krasnodar, Russian Federation
Dec 02, Glav Club – Moscow, Russian Federation
Dec 04, Druzhba Sports Hall – Donets’k, Ukraine
Dec 05, Stereo Plaza – Kiev, Ukraine
Dec 12, Effenaar, Metal Meeting – Eindhoven, Netherlands
Dec 13, Stadthalle Dietikon, Christmas Metal Meeting – Zurich, Switzerland
CONGRATULATIONS, MATT! And a huge THANK YOU! No doubt – your dedication is appreciated by so many! We are proud and grateful for your support and it is people like you who are keeping bands “alive”! Keep on Rockin’ …. WOLF HOFFMANN
10 Highlights/Q&A with WVOX’s Matthew O’Shaughnessy and the legendary Metal Mayhem show in New York!
Tuesday 9-11pm, Friday 6-10pm Eastern on WVOX.com Worldwide and 1460 AM
1.Metal Mayhem founded in the early 1980’s by a then 14 year – old Matthew O’Shaughnessy
2. Goal and aim early on to feature the entire gamut of heavy metal….was and still is a big advocate of supporting independent, unsigned and local acts.
3. Was one of the first media men to get the exclusive news out on late Metallica’s Cliff Burton’s death by having live call ins from bands like Exodus, Slayer, and more on the show.
4. Over Metal Mayhem’s 31-year successful run, bands such as Metallica, Megadeth, KISS, Slayer, L.A.Guns, Dokken, Judas Priest, Accept, Metal Church, King Diamond, Great White, and many more have all been featured in prime time exclusive interviews.
5. The show has been spotlighted and featured in The New York Times, NY Post and NY Daily News.
6. A highlight of my broadcasting career: Certainly interviewing the always eloquent and brilliant Metal God himself, Rob Halford will always remain clear in my mind. The Metal God is one of the most poignant and utterly intelligent people in the metal fraternity.
7. Metal Mayhem enjoys a worldwide fan-base from around the world on http://www.wvox.com/ and receives calls from literally all parts of the globe.
8. After 31 years, do I see Metal Mayhem going 31 more years – Hell yes! Heavy Metal is one of the most supported and loyal fanbases in all music forms. We will do this as long as we can breathe!
9. What do you attribute Metal Mayhem’s span and great respect in the metal community to? For openers, Tony and I are firmly committed to this and always have been. It’s not a side or part time job for us, this is our life and our purpose. Also, I consider Metal Mayhem completely unique as the show features the entire gamut of hard rock and metal; from Aerosmith, KISS,UFO, Great White to Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Death Angel and many more.
10. Heavy Metal radio and on the worldwide web will always rage and Metal Mayhem will continue to lead the on-air charge!